Work and Study in Germany
Welcome to iba | University of Cooperative Education, Germany’s largest state-recognised university of cooperative education! We offer dual work-study undergraduate programmes at twelve campuses throughout Germany.
Dual work-study-programmes are increasingly popular in Germany, with students and employers alike. Students work at a company while studying for a bachelor’s degree at the same time. This means they gain valuable work experience during their studies and thus have excellent employment opportunities in the competitive German job market.
iba’s study programmes are delivered jointly with approved companies/organisations that employ the students as trainees for the duration of their studies. iba has a ‘split-week’ study model based on a 40-hour-working-week: students spend ca. 20 hours/week studying (contact time & self-study), and 16-20 hours in work-based learning at a partner company. By the time they graduate, iba-students have an ideal combination of academic and practical competence.
iba is part of the F+U group of companies. F+U has more than 40 years of experience in the education sector and operates schools, language schools, vocational colleges and universities.
For our international applicants, we provide intensive support, including consultation throughout the admission process and assistance with finding a partner company.
- Choose from twelve campuses located in major cities throughout Germany
- Benefit from the high level of academic and administrative support
- Combine classroom-based education and professional training on a weekly basis
- Gain invaluable professional experience during your studies and a head-start in the labour market with excellent career prospects
- Tuition fees are usually paid by your partner company
- Earn while you learn – your partner company will normally pay you a monthly salary
- Take a preparatory German course at our language school, the Academy of Languages, online or in-person in Heidelberg
Feel free to contact us for more information:
+49 151 74231860
Dr. Matthew Kershaw
Head of the International Office